TalentLabs are committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 of Malaysia (“PDPA”) and the Personal Data Privacy Ordinance 2018 (“PDPO”) of Hong Kong.
What personal data do we collect?
In the course of your dealings with us, we may collect, retain, share and process the following personal data:
- Contact information including email address, phone number and mailing address;
- Personal information to establish your identity and background, including your full name, identity card number, passport number, photographs, gender, occupation, age, birth date, designation, bank account details, credit card details, marital status, education qualifications, preferences and nationality;
- Personal information to establish your background as a company (e.g. name, directors, shareholders, shareholding, company no and
- Sensitive information including your racial origin, [medical records, physical, mental health or condition, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, and the commission or alleged commission of an offence]. We do not generally collect sensitive information unless it is necessary due to exceptional circumstances to serve you better and meet your particular needs;
- Website usage data; and
- Other information that may identify you and is required in order for us to provide services to you.
We may collect personal data directly from your or through a variety of sources including, without limitation, your use of our website, at any events, conferences, seminars, talks, cookies used on our website, verbal and written communications with you, and publicly available sources such as searches at government authorities or agencies, and other lawful means.
When you provide personal information related to third parties to us, such as your next of kin or guardians, you confirm that you have obtained their consent to do so and we are authorized to use or disclose such information. You will inform such third parties of their right to access their information held by us.
How we use this personal data?
The data collected will be used, and processed by us for, amongst others, the following purposes:
- For our own internal records and administrative purposes;
- To provide services to you;
- To improve the services, we provide;
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry;
- To contact you about services we think might be relevant to you and to send to you the relevant marketing and promotional materials;
- To obtain feedback from you;
- To correspond with relevant government agencies
- To assess your eligibility leading to the selection for the course admission;
- To conduct reference and background checks;
- To verify information provided in the application form;
- To facilitate payment for our services; and
- To comply with any legal or regulatory requirements
(hereinafter collectively referred to as “Purposes”)
Data Sharing and International Data Transfers
Apart from our staff, employees, instructors, affiliates, subsidiaries, holding companies, we may disclose and transfer your personal data to certain third parties (within or outside of Malaysia) including but not limited to those mentioned below:
- Government and Government Related Agencies such as Cyberport, HRDF Malaysia, etc.
- Any of our agents, representatives, advisers, consultants, operators, programmers, business partners developers, engineers or system providers who are employed or engaged to run, process, or administer the website and services offered under the website;
- Other external professionals providing services to us or on your behalf such as auditors, solicitors and advocates, trustees, valuers, tax consultants, banks, financial institutions and accountants;
- Prospective buyer, dealer of any of our business or assets;
- Credit reporting agencies, debt collection agencies, regulatory authorities, police, officers and/or public authorities;
- Any person as required by any applicable laws, rules, regulations, court orders or guidelines;
- Any of our assignees or transferees of our rights, interests or obligations; and
- Any other person we consider necessary in order to provide you with our services or with access to our website.
Where we consider it necessary or appropriate for the purposes of data storage or processing or providing any service on our behalf to you, we may transfer personal data to a third-party service provider within or outside of Hong Kong/Malaysia.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website. Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package;
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website;
- Test and improve the website experience;
- Store information about your preferences; and
- To recognise when you return to our website.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
Controlling your cookies
Controlling your information
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you may see tick boxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post; and
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from our third-party partners by email, telephone, text message or post.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, or the law requires us to. Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the PDPA & PDPO.
We will always hold your information securely. To prevent unauthorized disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical, administrative and electronic security safeguards and procedures.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the PDPA and PDPO.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control of websites outside the TalentLabs domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its content, protection and privacy. If you link to or otherwise visit any other websites, please always be wary when submitting data to the websites. Read the websites’ data protection and privacy policies fully.
Access, Correction and Inquiries
You may at any time, upon payment of a prescribed fee, request:
- For access to your personal data and to obtain a copy of the same;
- For correction, update and change of your personal data by providing us with the specific details if the same cannot be done via your profile page;
- Make any complaint or inquiry you have in respect of the use of your personal data; and
- Withdraw your consent or limit or prevent distribution or processing of your personal data, or personal data relating to other persons or entities who may be identified from your personal data
Your request above is however subject to:
- Our right to refuse your request as allowed under the PDPA; and
- Your payment of charges imposed by us for processing the abovementioned request(s) made by you.